Many shopping carts are abandoned due to a lengthy checkout process. And if paying is one of the most important processes of businesses, why do they have poor payments systems on their websites? Payment forms are the answer.
A successful payment experience requires a clear path for users to reach their objective. Therefore, payment forms play an essential role in your site. They need to be trustable, quick and efficient. Would you like to learn how to get the most out of your payment forms? Arengu shares with you all the info you need to know!
What Is a Payment Form?
A short time ago, We were showing you how to build a form with Arengu. Today we are going to focus on a payment form. A payment form is the digital version of a cash desk. Their main function is to pay you. But they also authorize online payment, validate details of users and ensure funds. Arengu makes it possible to build secure payment forms quickly and collect one-off or recurring payments. They are also very easy to integrate into any website you want. What can you do with these integrations? Well, you can do whatever you want, e.g., selling products or services, applying complex calculations to your sales or even adding helpful descriptions to your forms like images, colour, quantity or size options.
Tips to Design Your Perfect Payment Form
You already know how important your payment forms are. Now you need to design them in an effective way. Here are some recommendations to design the perfect payment form for you:
- Keep it simple: Your payment form must be appealing. Users need to be willing to complete it. So it’s better for you to avoid a visually complex form design. Take into account its length. Showing only one page where they can add their details plus the payment sections could be a good idea. Do you need to add a lot of information? Multiple-step forms could work better. Users complete the form first, and then move onto the payment section. Try to add plenty of white space to your form and avoid unnecessary fields.
- Offer more than one payment method: Give users the flexibility of payment they are looking for. Multiple payment options will be your best allies on your payment forms. People are different and all of us have our favourite payment method. Make it easy for all of them!
- Say ‘no’ to obstacles: Users want to reach their objective. They don’t want to be trying to overcome unnecessary obstacles. Of course, some of them are not easy to avoid, e.g., typos. But other accidental setbacks are easily avoidable, e.g., arbitrary formatting rules. Additionally, use clear language that always make sense. If users find no delays, they will complete their payment quicker.
- Be careful with the optional fields: Take into account what kind of info you are asking for at the time of making decisions about the data your form will collect. ‘Less is more’ could be the perfect rule in this case. Too long forms are the enemies of conversions.
- Security is a must: Users need to trust your form in order to give you sensitive information like credit card details. Security concerns could make them leave your website straight away. Your payment form must look clear, efficient and professional. Avoid inconsistencies and tiny errors if you want them to complete it. Using SSL is helpful to protect data and users will be more likely to stay on your website.
What Can You Do with Your Arengu Payment Forms?
It’s very easy to create your professional payment forms with Arengu. Signing up takes less than two minutes or even less if you sign in with your social media accounts. Our payment forms offer interesting possibilities:
- Having your own professional payment form is very easy: You can create them with our form builder. You’ll only need some seconds to add or remove field or steps.
- You can share it wherever you want: You can use a direct link or embed it directly in your website.
- Your results are easy to check: Submissions in real-time are available and you also have the possibility of exporting your data in JSON or CSV format.